Total Pageviews

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Did I forget I was sick?

I'm going to have a good ugly cry.. I went to Giant, I bought one (recycle bag) full of groceries. I should have divided them into two to begin with but that's not what I'm crying about. It's because that was the hardest task I have done in the past 4 years.

I thought I was supposed to feel better with this medication. This poison (milrinone) that I can't say no to. I KNOW I did too much. I am ashamed at myself for not allowing Tom to help out & saddened that I need him to function in every capacity that gets us through the day. While he graciously offers I can not give him so much of my labor, it only serves to make me feel that much sorrier for myself. I don't know what to do anymore.

I was able to thumb my nose at this disease up until about 4 months ago, steady decline in my health informed me of my arrogance & the need to stop playing the martyr role & allow ppl to help me out.

It's a natural instinct to try, I guess.


I need to honor my bodies shortcomings & respect where I am in this process. I simply can't do it anymore. I am my disease today. It has chewed me up and spit me out into a blubbering mess of self loathing tears. Frustration only scratches the surface of today's attempt at some sort of normal behavior. I was told to live while waiting for my call that a heart is there for me. I don't call this living.

What a sad entry, I'm hopeful you can understand even a wee bit & forgive me for the raw reality that is my life today..

How do I handle the progressive disease of my heart while awaiting a transplant?

1 comment:

  1. The best way that you can.

    God grant me the serenity
    to accept the things I cannot change;
    courage to change the things I can;
    and wisdom to know the difference.

    Acceptance of the things we can not change is not easy, but truly what choice do we have? Grief has stages; I am sure you know; they do not follow a specific order, recur, and are different for all. Of course you are grieving the loss of your life ~ not being the person you once were, I mean. Thus tears are good, a prelude to acceptance? Part of your personal mourning over loss of ability?

    Look to the future when your heart arrives, and perhaps that will help you get through your todays.

    ReplyDelete